Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The blog titled "I Hate Thanksgiving" or "Rock the Vote"

Let me tell y'all something. I dislike Thanksgiving. Very much. So much that I might just say that I hate it. Its out there now, no pulling it back in. I love the family time together, I love the meaning of the holiday, I just don't love the gorging. Or the 'oh geez I think I'm going to throw up if I eat one more....SURE, I'll have another piece of pumpkin pie' or the bloated bodies lying around after the meal. It's just not my favorite holiday. Perhaps I should practice some restraint and not stuff myself silly, some of you might ask? Maybe. But who wants to eat Thanksgiving leftovers for a month and a half? Nah, better to take care of it all at once.

Onto the voting part of the title, we are debating on driving to San Francisco for Thanksgiving. There is one member of our family that flat out REFUSES to go. SO, the question I am wrestling with is do we drive out, me, 3 kids, whatever grandparent loses the armwrestle and has to ride in our van with us...leaving Aaron all alone (but not really because he'll go to his family's house and have their traditional dinner and their traditional enchiladas, which is why I am suspecting he'd really like to go there and is just pretending he doesn't want to go to SF, he just wants a crack at the enchiladas) or do we stay here and have our own little Thanksgiving dinner with the 5 of us in our house for our first Thanksgiving? I can't decide. Tell me what you think.

P.S. Do you think that I might have a problem with run-on sentences?

8 comments:

Hillary Mondragon said...

I need to talk Kell into it before I can make my final decision!

Erin Cummings said...

Ug, toughie Britt, I would do whatever would involve the least amount of arguments and fighting. Don't know what that would be though...good luck!

Heather said...

You know my answer!

Lacey Sue said...

Oh just DRIVE there...be brave...leave him to enjoy his enchiladas (he'll be happy) and you'll be with Heath in SF and YOU'LL be happy!!! I say just go!!!!! ;)

Bobbi said...

I vote for SF!!! You can never spend too much time by the ocean in my opinion and if Heather is there...even better to share with family!!! Aaron is a big boy and will be fine in the care of his mother....LOL
Go and enjoy your time with your sister and which ever parent loses the arm wrestle =O)

Anonymous said...

Stay home! Who would want to drive all the way to SF--unless you can stay a week and Heather will watch your kids the whole time!! lol

RyAnn Thompson said...

I am a little late to respond but I think the decision has already been made...right? right? ;-)

TheOneTrueSue said...

Hi there - you won the Avon part of my giveaway, but I don't have your email address. Send me an email so we can get you your $70 worth of stuff :> Congratulations! suelikestoblogandwastetime at gmail dot com