Wednesday, September 15, 2010

HO. LE. CRAP.

Just would like to show you all what I found IN. MY. GARAGE. tonight. Ick, ick, ick.

Potato Bug in Oklahoma

This little varmint is known as a Potato Bug in Oklahoma, a Jerusalem cricket, or, as Jared and I used to call them, Sand Puppies (we found some on the end of good ol' Vine Street when it was just a dirt road). It is about 2 1/2 inches long. And creepy as H-E-Double hockey sticks. And I was barefoot. It almost killed me. Even though they're not poisonous. Still. I am going to go to bed now and am already planning on having horrible nightmares. Good night everyone! Sleep tight knowing that you are not living among the scorpions, enormous spiders, mice and sand puppies. I'll just lie awake and shudder every now and again.

7 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Holy CRAP!I haven't seen one of those since I was a kiddo! They are DIS-gusting!!! Enjoy having that for a live-in neighbor...UGH!!

Hillary Mondragon said...

FYI-I am never bringing my kiddos over to mess up your house ever again!

Erin Cummings said...

EEEEWWWWWWW!!! Seriously? What the freaking heck is that thing. Freaking nasty is what. Man, I'll keep our Texas bugs over that creepy thing. Do they bite?

Erin Cummings said...

By the way, thanks for updating the blog Britt. :)

Anonymous said...

You sure shudder easily. A teeny bug, a vulture...

Rachel said...

Yuck...I've never seen one of those. How is that??? Why didn't you squish it? (Probably because it's two inches long and the sound wouldn't help those nightmares...ew!)

Anonymous said...

金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天 , 金瓶梅视讯聊天