Sunday, December 21, 2008

White Christmas after all!











For those of you that don't live in Utah, we were slammed with a huge snowstorm, it was sooooo icy cold. Our poor little Texas born children were icicles (holy crap, I just had to get online to figure out how to spell icicles), but the day after the huge storm they wanted to hit it hard, making snowballs, snowmen, snow angels, lets see, anything else they wanted to make with the word snow in front of it....nope, that was it. The best part of the day was when papa hopped on a four wheeler with a sled roped onto it and took them for sled rides. Ash was fine as long as he was on the four wheeler. Mars was fine as long as she never had to get off the sled. And Laine was fine as long as she never had to get on the sled (the 1 time she did she screamed until she could get off). The twins LOVED the sled rides and, despite the frozen noses and cheeks, still were dragged in the house kickin' and screamin'. Then we had (getting a stomach ache just thinking about this) a pizza and doughnut fest, along with some hot cocoa with marshmallows. Ugh. I really don't know if I ever want to eat pizza or doughnuts again. Ever. We are having so much fun with Jedders and Heathie, and we can't wait for Jare and Ryanne to come out. We always have a great time when everyone is home for the holidays. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! Only 4 days left! (High pitched squeal!)

6 comments:

Christa said...

What fun! I would love for it to snow here. Oh wait, I live in Texas. It only gets cold enough to snow and then stays dry. Remember?

It sounds like you guys are going to have a great Christmas. I hope you do :-)

sheri said...

That day was certainly a fun snow day! I think the recent snowfall is good for building a snowman, so come on down to Grandma and Papa's and let's build one with Uncle Jared and Aunt RyAnn!

Heather said...

You should see the pics we got of sled day. That was one of my favorite days. Sniff.

RyAnn Thompson said...

Argh! I am so bummed we missed the snow sled day! It sounds and looks like it was sooooo much fun...all except for the pizza donut feast...okay,okay, j/k I love pizza and donuts, it just sounded like you needed our help eating it all

Janene said...

Love the snow Brittney! Asher, Ava and I were out in UT briefly for my brother in law's graduation. We'll be out in April for a week, so if you have time, let's get together!

Alicia said...

Hey Britt.--WHat are you still doing up, you crazy girl?!! I am SO sorry that I haven't had a chance to call you back!! It seems like this is the only time that I can get anything accomplished!! How's the house hunt? Any luck? I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas!! I will call you later!! Sweet dreams!!