Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Reflecting on Reflections

I feel like I am able to take a deep breath again before running like mad to the next huge project on my list - buying a house. I idiotically signed up to be the independent commissioner for the PTA, thinking I was doing a great service. I ended up being in charge of the Reflections program. Let me just say it ended up being A LOT more work than I had bargained for, and I'm really glad it is done and over with. I really don't think that it would be a big deal to do again (even though I won't) now that I know the ropes, but jumping into it the way I tend to do really kicked my butt this time. I am really glad that I did it, it's just that combined with all the other things I have going on with my life right now it was poor timing. Not to mention that all of my hard work was appreciated by exactly 3 parents that actually showed up last night to claim their prizes. I really hope that someone will stop me next time before I get myself into something like that again...heaven knows I'm not going to do it!

3 comments:

Erin Cummings said...

Don't you worry Brittney, I'll remind you.

sheri said...

So will I

Christa said...

Man you've done more than I've ever done for the PTA, and my kid is in second grade!