Thursday, November 20, 2008

The toothless wonder!




We had some exciting stuff happen tonight...first things first, Mars had her first official tooth loss. Let me explain. We have paid close to 2000 dollars OUT OF POCKET because of her tooth problems. She has had 2 pulled, and consequently, LOATHES going to the dentist. We had her teeth cleaned in August, you would have thought that we were pulling her toenails out with rusty pliers. She honestly (no exaggeration) screamed at the top of her lungs for 20 minutes, I had to pry her little fingers off the doorjamb on the way in. I would be horrified if I were a kid sitting in that waiting room, going to visit the dentist for the first time and here comes screaming mimi, being dragged in by her evil mother for heaven knows what kind of torture. Anyhow, she was wiggling her tooth with her tongue and out it came, she was so cute. She said that her legs wouldn't quit shaking, and that she believes in fairies, so she'll get a visit tonight for sure. She is getting so grown up in so many ways, I am very happy that she believes in magic and fairies and all that. I know she's only 5, but some kids are cynics at heart.

The other exciting thing that occured tonight, and definitely takes a back burner to the tooth news is that Hillary and I went BY OURSELVES (sans children) to a private screening of Twilight. We got free tickets (thanks Rache and Brady!) and went to the movie at 5:30. That's right, folks, we got to see the movie an entire 6 1/2 hours before the lowlifes in the general public. Guess this is what its like being a celebrity...

7 comments:

RyAnn Thompson said...

Such cute pictures of the newly freed tooth! (and Marbles too!) So happy for her! I hope the tooth fairy brings her something extra special! :-) Also, I must borrow one of your books before I see this movie...

Unknown said...

Darn it, I was just going out to the shop to get my pliers!!! I guess I just have to remember pulling all my kids teeth when they were young. I'm glad it came out Mars, now you can't bite a straw.

Erin Cummings said...

Congratulations Marlee! That's always exciting and it makes for such fun and cute pictures. What did the tooth fairy bring?

Heather said...

I remember dad pulling out my tooth! I saw the movie with the rest of the lowlifes and I really loved it!

sheri said...

I was trying my best to get Marlee to push that tooth out a couple of hours before it came out on it's own, well, maybe with a little help from Grandma! Couldn't be happier for ya Marbles! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Love the tooth story, mrs. Evil. Lots of fun and they grow up too fast.

Let Aaron know about O SHAT. He may need the support. (O SHAT stands for Otherwise Supportive Husbands Against Twilight.) I'm there for him...
CF

Christa said...

Yeah Marlee! Soon she'll have big old grown up teeth in there.